Welcome to ATESOL ACT
ATESOL ACT is the Association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages in the Australian Capital Territory. Our members work within a range of contexts including school education, adult new arrivals programs, ELICOS, tertiary studies and research programs.
We aim to support all teachers and learners of English as an additional language within the ACT. We offer workshops and seminars which cater for all professionals working in the TESOL field and welcome mainstream teachers with EAL/D students.
On this website you can:
- read news about ATESOL ACT and related news
- find out about ATESOL ACT events
- find out about advocacy activities undertaken by ATESOL ACT
- join ATESOL ACT
- find information about TESOL education and employment in the ACT
- get contact details for ATESOL ACT
- browse links to other related websites
- find Australian TESOL resources and websites
- read the ATESOL ACT Constitution (2016)
Our next Professional Learning session is Spelling It Out – Saturday February 18, 2017. Not long to go now!
9.30 am – 1pm, Headley Beare Centre for Teaching and Learning Fremantle Drive, Stirling. This session is accredited for 3 hours of TQI professional learning.
Join us as Associate Professor Misty Adoniou presents her ground-breaking approach to teaching spelling. The session explores phonology, etymology, morphology, and spelling pedagogies.
If you would like to purchase Misty’s new book, Spelling It Out – How Words Work and How to Teach Them, here are some links;
Angus and Robertson – http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/books/spelling-it-out-misty-adoniou/p/9781107557659
To join ATESOL ACT for 2017, click here.
To pay for tickets for Spelling It Out, click here. Cost: $20 ATESOL ACT 2017 members and $60 non-members