Welcome to ATESOL ACT
ATESOL ACT is the Association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages in the Australian Capital Territory. Our members work within a range of contexts including school education, adult new arrivals programs, ELICOS, tertiary studies and research programs.
We aim to support all teachers and learners of English as an additional language within the ACT. We offer workshops and seminars which cater for all professionals working in the TESOL field and welcome mainstream teachers with EAL/D students.
The 2018 ATESOL ACT Committee has devised some upcoming professional learning events. See the events page.
The Advocacy Working Party is conscientiously preparing an opportunity for members to attend a “round table” meeting with local and federal politicians. A tentative date is the morning of Saturday 25th August (Venue TBC). The group is finalising a survey to go out to all members regarding the current situation in EAL/D provision in schools. It is hoped this will be ready by mid-June. A Background Paper “Problems in the AMEP and SEE Program” is now posted on the ACTA website here.
(Comments welcome: write to Helen Moore vicepresident (AT) atesolact.org.au). The Paper will be used as the basis for the section in the roundtable agenda on adult ESL.
Stay tuned for more details.
On this website you can:
- read news about ATESOL ACT and related news
- find out about ATESOL ACT events
- find out about advocacy activities undertaken by ATESOL ACT
- join ATESOL ACT
- find information about TESOL education and employment in the ACT
- get contact details for ATESOL ACT
- browse links to other related websites
- find Australian TESOL resources and websites
- read the ATESOL ACT Constitution (2016)