Future ATESOL ACT events
2019 Annual General Meeting
- Saturday 11th May, 10:00am for 10:20am start
- Please book (no cost) here
- Nominations for 2019 executive and committee positions are welcome here
- Download a flyer ATESOLACT_2019_AGM
ATESOL ACT invites you to a professional learning event. Dr Mei French will provide an example of a whole-school EAL/D professional learning program and lead participants in developing an EAL/D professional learning plan for their own context.
- Saturday 11th May, 8:30am for 9:00am start
- TQI accredited for 2 hours
- $20 ATESOL ACT members, $40 non-members
- UC SSC Lake Ginninderra College
- Bookings by COB Thursday 9th May here
- Download a flyer ATESOLACT_PL_EAL_D_PL
Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA) Annual General Meeting Videoconference
Our national affiliate body, the Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA) is holding the Annual General Meeting Videoconference. All ATESOL ACT financial members are welcome to attend. Only Councillors or their designated proxies are entitled to vote. Our current councillors serving on the 2018 committee are Bronwyn Singh and Jennifer Mayers.
- Thursday 18 April 2019
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm
- To join the videoconference, simply login using the Zoom website
- Or download the Zoom app onto your device and use the Meeting ID: 106 629 963
- Further details here and ACTA_AGM_Agenda_April_2019.
Term 1 Meet & Greet
We will kick off 2019 with a social/networking event for anyone who teaches English to speakers of other languages. Please come and join us for a FREE drink and nibbles.
- Friday 15 March 2019, 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- The Duxton, Cnr Sargood & Macpherson St, O’Connor
- RSVP for catering purposes by COB Thursday 14 March 2019 here.
- Download a flyer ATESOLACT_Networking_Mar_2019.pdf
Term 3 Meet & Greet
ATESOL ACT will host their next social/networking event for anyone who teaches English to speakers of other languages (whether that be in the adult sector, an independent school, a catholic school or a public school). Come and join us for a drink and nibbles!
- Friday 31 August 2018, 4:00pm onwards
- The Duxton (downstairs in the Bistro), Cnr Sargood & Macpherson St, O’Connor
- RSVP for catering purposes by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018 here
- Download a flyer ATESOLACT_Networking_Aug_2018
Advocacy Roundtable with Politicians and Senior Public Servants – 25 August 2018
The Advocacy Working Party of the ATESOL ACT Committee has been conscientiously striving all year to secure an opportunity for association members to discuss potential issues within English language provision in both school and adult sectors with our elected representatives. We strongly urge all those interested to join us.
- Saturday 25 August 2018, 9:00am to 1:00pm (light refreshments provided)
- Ainslie Football Club, Wakefield Avenue Ainslie
- FREE for all attendees
- Bookings ESSENTIAL by COB Friday 24 August 2018
- Visit here
- Download a flyer Advocacy_Politicians_Roundtable
Diverse Voices of Advocacy – 22 August 2018
ATESOL ACT are excited to present Dr Polina Vinogradova, Director of the TESOL Program at the American University in Washington DC, to present a workshop on the importance of advocacy in TESOL.
- Wednesday 22 August 2018, 4:30pm to 7:00pm
- TQI accredited for 2 hours of professional learning
- Hedley Beare Centre for Teaching and Learning, Fremantle Drive Stirling
- $20 for ATESOL ACT members, $40 for non-members
- Bookings and Prepayment ESSENTIAL by COB Monday 20 August 2018, book here
- Download a flyer ATESOLACT_PL_Advocacy
Please let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas for future professional development, or would like to offer to present for us – see CONTACT page.
Please see the drop-down menu at top for links to:
- Recent ATESOL ACT events – summaries, reports, links and/or handouts from our 2016 and 2015 events
- Past ATESOL ACT events – all our events from 2006-2015
- Other related events – links to relevant local ACT events plus calendars of events across Australia and International events
- Asia Bookroom events – we are proud to promote our support for Asia Bookroom as they are to support ATESOL ACT