Welcome to ATESOL ACT
ATESOL ACT is the Association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages in the Australian Capital Territory. Our members work within a range of contexts including school education, adult new arrivals programs, ELICOS, tertiary studies and research programs.
We aim to support all teachers and learners of English as an additional language within the ACT. We offer workshops and seminars which cater for all professionals working in the TESOL field and welcome mainstream teachers with EAL/D students.
ATESOL ACT is a member of the Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA), the national body representing EALD educators and researchers.
On this website you can:
- read news about ATESOL ACT and related news
- find out about ATESOL ACT events
- find out about advocacy activities undertaken by ATESOL ACT
- join ATESOL ACT
- find information about TESOL education and employment in the ACT
- get contact details for ATESOL ACT
- browse links to other related websites
- find Australian TESOL resources and websites
- read the ATESOL ACT Constitution (2016)
ACTA Conference 2021 – Brisbane, 28 – 30 September 2021
QATESOL will host the 2021 ACTA Conference in Brisbane from 28 – 30 September 2021
The Conference theme is: Pushing the Boundaries.
ATESOL ACT membership entitles you to discounted registration at the 2020 ACTA Conference. To request your ATESOL ACT member discount code, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you register on the conference website.
Conference website: actaconference.com/
And follow the Conference Facebook page to get updates leading up to the Conference: facebook.com/ACTAConference/