Join ATESOL ACT
ATESOL ACT is the Association of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages in the Australian Capital Territory. Our members work within a range of educational settings including early years, school education, adult English language programs, ELICOS, tertiary studies, teacher education and research programs.
We aim to support all teachers and learners of English as an additional language within the ACT. We offer workshops and seminars which cater for professionals working in the TESOL field and welcome mainstream teachers with EAL/D students.
Read what some ATESOL ACT members have to say about their experience with our association on our Members’ Voices page.
Your membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- participation in your local professional association dedicated to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language (TESOL)
- members’ rates for professional learning activities organised by ATESOL ACT
- members’ rates for professional learning activities organised by most ACTA member associations across Australia (many online and many are free)
- attendance at the biennial Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA) conference and lively professional learning workshops with local, national and international presenters at discounted membership rate
- ATESOL ACT e-newsletters that include local news, information on professional development activities and more
- updates on and input to TESOL advocacy in the ACT and nationally
- benefits and information that come with ATESOL ACT’s membership of the Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA), Australian Council of TESOL Associations (ACTA), which
- advocates nationally for TESOL teachers and learners
- is responsible for the biennial national ACTA conference
- produces the online TESOL in Context journal
NOTE: Membership of ATESOL ACT is for a calendar year – 1st January – 31st December.
To become an ATESOL ACT member, please use the link below to join via TryBookings
2021 Regular membership/renewal – 1st February – 25th December 2021
Government or Private Sector body
Full- or Part-time Students of Education/TESOL
If you have any questions re membership, please contact our Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d also like to join the ATESOL ACT Facebook group to informally connect, share and learn with colleagues in the ACT …
And to link with what is happening across Australia:
- to connect nationally to adult ESOL teachers on Facebook, join the ACTA Adult ESOL Interest Group: Professional Conversations group.
- To receive news on what ACTA is doing nationally, subscribe to ACTA News to receive updates to ACTA News and Events (scroll to bottom of the page).